Teen Oral Health Care
What your teenagers do in their teen years can affect their health well into their adult life. This includes their oral health! With non stop social activities, from school to jobs and sports, keeping up with good oral health can fall to the sidelines. Especially when you add candy and junk food into the mix!
Encourage your teen to make good oral hygiene habits part of their daily routine. Here are a few tips to help them out:
1. Encourage brushing and flossing – Brushing is usually done, but often flossing is swept under the rug (especially with teenagers). Flossing daily can help prevent stains, bad breath, missing teeth and many other potential dental problems.
2. Set a good example. Being a teenager can be an impressionable time. When you watch someone you look up to take great care of their teeth, it can become a great example for them to look up to.
3. Keep dental products handy! Make sure to keep flavoured floss or plastic flossers with good-tasting toothpaste out in the bathroom. You can even pack a small travel brush if they need one on the go!
4. Stay away from junk food! Keep healthy snacks around as options, such as fruits and vegetables.
5. Educate your teens about the dangers of smoking! Teenagers can be pressured to start smoking. It is important for parents to discuss the dangers, so their teens know the consequences of their choices.
For more oral health care tips for your family, visit Smiles First Cornwall dental office!
– The Smiles First Cornwall TeamAppointment Request